electric-charge

Call This

Thursday

to Get

$35 OFF

Signs of Faulty Electrical Wiring in a House
Signs of Faulty Electrical Wiring in a House
March 04, 2023

Signs of Faulty Electrical Wiring in a House

We know the state of your home's wiring can be a huge cause for concern. An electrician can help you identify and fix problems, but how do you know when the issue is serious enough to seek professional assistance? At Neighborhood Electric, we provide a wide variety of services to local clients including wiring upgrades and inspections. Our team understands the importance of taking care of electrical hazards and we want your property to be safe and efficient. Keep reading for more detailed information that can help you make the right choices when it comes to your electrical wiring.

Circuit Breaker Trips Too Often

If your circuit breaker trips too often, it could mean that there is a problem with the wiring in your house. This is especially true if you notice that the breaker trips when you turn on lights or appliances in one part of your home. This could be because the wires are overloaded with electricity and don't have enough capacity to handle what you're trying to run through them.

If this happens frequently, it's important to hire professional electricians who can fix the problem before it becomes more serious.

Frazzled Wires

Frayed and frazzled wires are a sign of electrical problems. Wires that aren't properly insulated tend to wear down rapidly, which makes them more likely to catch fire or cause electrical shock. This is a serious safety hazard, so if you see frazzled wires, it's important to have a professional come out and inspect your entire electrical system as soon as possible.

Hot Electrical Outlets

When you touch an electrical outlet, there should be no heat or sparks. If you do see sparks or feel heat coming from an outlet, it could be caused by loose connections or by damaged insulation on the wiring itself. An experienced technician can have them repaired before they cause any serious damage to your home.

Burning or Smoky Odors

Smoke can indicate that the insulation on the wires has been damaged, and therefore electricity is not being properly contained within its circuit. This can lead to overheating and fire hazards if left unaddressed.

Lights That Dim or Flicker

Do your lights seem to dim and flicker when you turn on some appliances? This can happen when your electrical system pulls too much power, which can be caused by faulty wiring or overloaded circuits. If you notice this happening, consult with a qualified electrician to find out if there's something wrong with your system.

Do You Need an Electrical Wiring Inspection, Repair, or Replacement Service?

If you're worried that your home's electrical system isn't up to par, or if you just want to make sure that everything is working as it should be, then please call Neighborhood Electric today. Our goal is to help homeowners like you get their houses in tip-top shape so they can live comfortably and safely for years to come. Contact our office for more information about our reliable services or when you need to schedule your next appointment.